Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking for input on buying a boat

been fishing offshore on other peoples boats for 8-10 years , now i am finacialy stable to purchase my own . I have bean looking at walkaround models from 24 to 26 feet. some of the models i am interested in our sea-pro , grady white , robalo, sea swirl, century. I am looking for a used boat from the price range of 30,000 to 50,000 . any info good or bad would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thought you might be interested in this one. It,s probably one of the cleanest around. go to http://www.daybreakfishing.com/Lucky Dawg.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thought you might be interested in this one. It,s probably one of the cleanest around. go to http://www.daybreakfishing.com/LuckyDawg.html

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
[Q]yankdoodle originally wrote:
Include Pro Line in that list
[/Q]I definitely concur! Check out Prolines listed below(TF classified).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I see you included grady white in your list so I'll tell you I own one and they are very well built and the customer service is excellent.
I have the 20' WA and hope to move up in a few years. The 23' Gulfstream is a great all-around boat.

Just my 02 cents worth

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
That Mako is nice looking. For $30-50K, you can get a heck of a boat. You could buy a new Grady WA in the low 20' range for $40K. Check out TF classifieds. Or boats.com. Throw Parker in there too (even though I have a Grady). I believe new ProLines have all-composite construction, meaning there is no wood in the hull or transom to rot. This is a very appealing thing if you want your boat to last 'forever'.

But, do you want a $50K boat, or do you want a $30K boat w/ $10K in electronics and fishing gear and a $10K buffer in the bank? Personally, I'd go with this option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found my boat on www.boattraderonline.com You can search between 90,000 & 100,000 boats using a variety of different search criteria. They also have links to boat reviews. I also purchased my new boat name (3M vinyl - easy to put on) from a link on that site. Good luck! Mike

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I have a 25ft WA Hydrasort 65% Kevlar 1983 in great shape with a 250 hp ficht 2001 and a 2002 venture tandem wheel trailer, power winch outriggers, down rigger, all safty equip gaffs extra anchors 2002 atlantic tee top with lights garmin, and Lowrance electronics 165 gallons of gas ready to fish $15k and its yours. If intrested bmail me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts