Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody here make or know where I can buy this fly?I use them as a dropper fly when I LTJ for rock.They work great most times .

These are the only picture' I have.First picture is dry, and the second is the same wet.
Thanks

Roger

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
is than an epoxy head or a brass bead head? Looks pretty standard... you can buy stuff like that at BPS fly section, or in catalogs etc. I make em but for myself. they are pretty easy if you want to get into fly tying...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
That looks like a left coast fly. The head is epoxy, back 2 colors of ultra hair, bucktail belly and assorted flash. Probablty a sardina conversion to look like a mack.
Not complicated... a fly that comes to mind is the abel anchovy. Very similar pattern.. just a change in color...

Don't get caught up on one fly. It isn't that particular fly that is good.. it is any fly as a dropper. Plastic can't compete with the likes of a well tied fly. That one is average.. imagine what a real good fly could do!!! :rockon:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is than an epoxy head or a brass bead head? Looks pretty standard... you can buy stuff like that at BPS fly section, or in catalogs etc. I make em but for myself. they are pretty easy if you want to get into fly tying...
Thanks ,its a epoxy head
Pattern: Green top, White bottom and silver tinsel, big eyes, red/green head 2/0 hook.I will look around or maybe I can try this one myself.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts