Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get a good deal on Yamaha Ring Free. I am currently paying 49.95
for a 32oz bottle at Ed's Marine. I know there has to be a better price out there somewhere. Even in gallon size if it is cheaper by volume.
thanks
Earl

·
Registered
26 Posts
ringfree

Shipyard Island Marine (Andy), I bought two bottles and it was around $32 a bottle for 32 oz. You can google them and get there 800#

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Imagine the mark up of Ring Free if the price and shipping from Washington State can beat the local pricing.... But.... It is the price we pay for our sport.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I buy from Andy at SIM also. he's a great guy and has great prices.

By the way - they are Washington Island but that's in Wisconsin not Washington State ...not quite as far. :))

·
Registered
294 Posts
Chaulk another one up for Andy and SIM. Really great people to work with, thier cander alone is reason enough to buy from them..

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
How is it that a guy on a remote island in Wisconsin that is acessible only by ferry is able to deliver a commodity product to your door for less than the cost of you buying the same thing locally ?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Shorty and Ragnad. Here's why I buy there.

When I buy RingFree, once a year, I also buy other parts. Impellers, fuel filters, plugs, thermostat gaskets etc. I generally know what I need, and if I don't, Andy does. Imagine a parts counter guy who knows everything about your engine. He publishes maintenance intervals, how-tos with pictures. All that adds value for me.

Then it all shows up at my door 2 days later. No tax generally covers the shipping. And the prices are normal.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Deal on Ringfree !!

Like others I also use Andy @Shipyard. Just got a couple of cases of Yamalube from him. BUT.....He couldn't beat $132.00 per case of 12oz. bottles (12 bottles), from Quimby's Marine in Easton. Grab it while it lasts,thats almost his cost!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
For those of you who work in DC, I have another alternative. Today at lunch, I walked to the Washington Marina store, next to the seafood barges at Maine Ave. I compared the Internet price for Ringfree from Shipyard Island Marine to the Washington Marina price. For the 12-oz size, SIM easily won ($14.69 to over $17.00). However, the price on the 32-oz size was identical at $36.24. Although I paid DC tax of $2.08, I paid nothing for shipping. A 32-oz bottle should last me most of the year. :thumbup:

Although I forgot to ask today, I know that last year Washington Marina was still bulk-selling Yamalube into the buyer's 1-gallon jugs at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use Andy at SIM also, the guy is great. I bought a impellor from him last year and had some trouble installing it. He was right there for me. We figured everything out via e-mail. I don't mind paying the shipping, knowing i have someone who will not rip me off and who knows about my 225 yamaha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts