Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four friends who are avid fly fisherman. They want to try fishing for Rockfish this spring and have asked me to help find them a guide. My friends really want a guide who specializes in targeting Rockfish with a fly rod. Does anybody have a recommendation?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Capt. Tom Hughes he is on this site... I think Ritchie Gains also takes fly fishing parties... Although he is not a fly guy per say Capt. Mike Benjamin @ Herb's tackle shop can put you on the fish... catching them will be up to you.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Gary Neitsey took me on my first ever saltwater fly fishing trip. Before that i had casted a flyrod maybe 10 times in my life. I think he's been taking fly trips for as long as anybody. As others said - don't expect 4 guys throwing flies on any boat.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
you will need to book 2 boats. as stated before gary is ok, but his boat isnt as fly freindly as some others. other to check with are jeff lewatowski 410-808-5105 or richard borneman of twilight zone charters.

all will put you on fish. they all work together up there.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Brady Bounds will take you to places most guides don't even know about, he is the guy you want.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I second Sean Crawford. Great guy to fish with and works hard to make sure you have a good time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts