Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a knowledgeable tire and wheel shop local to Lewes that knows Jeeps and surf fishing sand tires.

I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler that has the factory 255-70R18 tires and 8-spoke aluminum wheels, and I would like to replace them with something a bit more 'sand specific'.
Anyone know of a knowledgeable full service shop where I can buy a new set of shoes?

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Sounds like the kind of place I'm looking for.

The Jeep has 18's on it right now, but I think I may have to go to 15's to get tires with enough sidewall so they bulge correctly when aired down.
Thing is, I need the wheels to be able to clear the brakes and have the correct backspacing so they don't stick way out past the body.
For tires, I want something chubby, but with a non-agressive tread. Something like BFG Radial T/A's.

I'll stop in to In and Out this week.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good call to downsize to the 15s, it will greatly increase your ability to air down for sand or mud.
I've been running 30" BFG KOs for years and just upgraded to the new KO2s in 33" after my lift project.
IMG_6679.jpg

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a 1977 Scout II that I put a set of BFG 'Sport Truck Radials' on.
They were essentially 10.50x15 T/A radials with the Y-block street tread.
Awesome at Assateague, but unfortunately, I don't think the make them anymore.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I had a 1977 Scout II that I put a set of BFG 'Sport Truck Radials' on.
They were essentially 10.50x15 T/A radials with the Y-block street tread.
Awesome at Assateague, but unfortunately, I don't think the make them anymore.
I have a 2013 also. Stock 255 70r 17. I put 35x12.50 17s on it and don't have to air down at all. I run 30 psi all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts