Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a marina near BB. I usually launch the boat out of Sandy Point. My boat is on a trailer, not looking for any other amenities, just a place to keep and launch my boat during the summer months.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
thats amazing I thout the guy in the parts dept was an azzhole
HAHAHA - everyone says that about the guys at fairwinds. It is true, they can be pretty gruff and not the best customer service in the world.

I bought a 2007 Yamaha 90 from them and from start to finish it was nothing but first class service.

-Mike

·
Registered
985 Posts
They can be rough at Fairwinds, but are generally good guys. I've been there for a few years and am pretty happy. You have to learn how to talk to them. :) They will stand up for you and will go out of their way for you if you ask, and often when you don't. I recommend them often because of those things.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was there for 9 years........bought a 225 E rude from them in 1988 (terrific motor by the way).....service always good on the motor.....it was in the 9th year when they put hate mail on my truck saying it would be towed away....because their sticker was not on the vehicle........I reminded them that they were too busy on a Sat. to give me the sticker.....although I had paid my bill in full well in advance.........so I guess it depends on their meds............but I said adios after that........great facility.....great location and access to the Magothy and a great part of the bay..................Also worth a look would be Ventnor Marine on Bodkin creek......a lttle north of Fairwinds on the bay....but a good clean full service marina with fuel.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Try LJ Marina by Cantlers. Very protected. Good group of fisherman there, access to fresh bait. etc. Ramp is not the greatest as there is no finger pier paralleling the ramp but it is pretty secure. I was there for a few years before I moved and was very happy. Leo is a good guy. Die hard chummer and live liner who will share great tips. He is a little more costly than Fairwinds though.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I moved my boat into a slip at Fairwinds this year. Good price and very nice people, couldnt be happier.
Another vote for Fairwinds, this was our first year there, price was reasonable, very happy with the location, I've had no problems with the staff, and they have a fuel dock. I also understand they work pretty hard to keep the slip boats safe during storms.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fairwinds charges I think $160.00 a month for lot storage. The only issue is they turn the water off when they leave for the day. That means you can't clean your boat or flush your motor if you return after they leave.

·
Registered
438 Posts
For 30ft overall boat and trailer it is $640.00 for storage from May 15th to Sept 15th with unlimited ramp usage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts