Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard any recent reports on the sailfish out of Isla Maujeres ? I will be down there next week and fishing on Feb 2 & 3 on the Pelican with Arch.
I did talk to Arch's Mom and she said that he caught 26 sails on Wed.

This is my first trip to Isla Maujeres so if anybody has any recommendation on where to eat / drink or anything else it would be greatly appreciated.

I will give full report after I return.

Thanks,

Byron

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was down there in March of 2001 & had a great time. Nauti Pete's was pretty good as was the tacoqeria(sp) next to Coconuts bar. Puerto Mujeres (where we stayed & many of the boats are located) has a very good restaurant also but a bit pricey. Have a good time & let us know how you did.

SW

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
A mate posted on the other board that they caught 21 in 3 days and its getting better every day. I will be their on the 4th fishing on the obsession the 7th and 9th

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have been looking at The Hunter's web site out of Pirates cove daily.I was there last year at that time and fishing was great.I wish I was going with you all.Going to Panama next month could not swing both trips.Good luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all that have responded.
Leaving tomorrow morning with our mostly Poquoson crew of Darius Fox (fin chaser), Dwight White (white knuckles), Mannford Freeman (tweedy bird) and 1 guineaman, Rob Keenan (Jenny B). Weather forecast looks good and should be a great time. Below is the latest report from the Hunter. Sounds very encouraging. I will post a report when we get back.

Byron

Posted by Capt Walt on January 29, 2007 at 11:27:26:

It is very hard to get a computer that works down here, sorry about the delay. Day before yesterday we found some bird life about 7 miles out and had a ball. 2 anglers caught around 25 sails in 2 and a half hours and were whipped. Came back in to get fuel and out we went yesterday on a new type of adventure, deep droping. We caught Black groupers, snoweys (spelling), up to 50lbs. We caught yellow eye snappers, big eye snappers, red snappers, and some more that I didn`t even know what they were. But rest assured they wre good on the cookout last night, at the dock party. Not only did we catch fish on the bottom, went by areosmith bank for an hour and caught 3 wahoos, 3 tunas, and back to the dock with BIG smiles from all. What a fun day. I wish you were all here, man oh man what a fun couple days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts