Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Lowes has a wide variety of concrete blocks...... :)
I never thought about that. I left 3 anchors and nylon twine on the rocky bottom already. So I don't anchor on the rocky bottom at all. I am seriously thinking about bring a concrete blocks and thin cotton twine as an anchor line. I hope the cotton twine degrades eventually just in case. Or make my own concrete mushroom (sort of) anchor???

Making a concrete anchor for a kayak can be my next project. It will be interesting...:yes:
Joe

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
joe,
honestly, for rocky bottom, cotton line, minnow trap snap, galvanized welded link chain with nothing attached....works like a charm!!

kf
I was using grapling anchors.doh Even with a 20# break line used, I still couldn't bring the anchors back up.

galvanized welded link chain sounds prety good. I can use at the rock piles areas. Do you thing a 2-3 ft chain will do it? My problem is that I can buy chains from Lowes but not anchors near my home.

Joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use 7' of 7/16 for drifting. Hook it at the end for easy drift, hook it in the middle for more resistance. I also have a 3' piece of something pretty big (3/4 maybe) that I got at a garage sale that holds a lot better. I am always afraid of a fast holding grappling anchor with the canoe..I am afraid of swamping if I have to pull too hard. Chain alone has never caused a problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the one kayak kevin is making is the one i was looking for.I did not know he made them,so do they sell them at ocean's east then? for all of you that are trying to understand what i'm talking about is the it is basically a piece of lead with rebar threw it and when you get stuck a tug will bend the metal strait out and un snag u

1 - 12 of 12 Posts