Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A T/C Encore that is. I'm in the market for .50 CAL muzzleloader or a .270 or similar caliber centerfire. If you have of know of a nice used gun let me know.

DEAN

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an Encore 50 cal. for sale. It is in good shape, has not been shot much. I have always used Bore Butter to clean and lube. It has wood buttstock and forearm. Forearm has a small "ding" on it. I removed the sights to mount a scope, they can be put back on. Gun has a Weaver base for scope already on the gun. Asking $400.00.
You can contact me at [email protected], or here if interested. I am located in Cambridge, MD.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I used to want an encore for muzzleloader hunting....until I found out how well H+R firearms shoot! I now shoot the ultra slug and sidekick (.50 caliber) during deer season. Just an idea. My sidekick shoots just as well as my friend's encores and costs a whole lot less. Good luck, encore's can be hard to find.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I love my encore.

Just a warning, if you put a Leupold scope on the Weaver base. You'll have to put a shim under the rear of the base. I don't know why but I know several people that had to do it that way. Sooner or later I will change the base. I hid the shim well enough that you can barely see it but it does bug me that it's there.

The gun does shoot. Seems to group well even with the 150 grain Pyrodex. I get better groups with Prodex than Triple 7, Go figure. Always under 2" ay 100 yards, sometimes alot better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts