Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Wilmington from Va Beach. Took four trips to get all the junk. Had to leave the bait freezer behind, it made a lot of frost anyways. Have not been able to get many leads on used items for sale in the area. VB had a great weekly publication called "Tidewater Trading Post"- had anything you could think of for sale by owner - cheap. Looked at Val Pac or someting down here but no go. Any leads would be appriciated.

Now that the move is over I will be looking to get in the swing of things fishing wise. I have a shallow water boat and an offshore capable boat, big boat is waiting lower unit work so I will be looking shallow first.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey Steve,welcome to the NC board.Don't forget to post your reports once you get fishing,we don't see much from that far south but hopefully that will change.

good luck when you go.

sorry,can't help on the freezer but there should be some type ad paper in your area.

mike

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mike, I wanted to get out in the little boat today but found water in lower unit[sad]. Will be looking for parts for that tomorrow. It's been two weeks since I fished. I will be fishing this week if I have to rent a yak or hit the planks![grin]

I will be putting up the reports with pics here. The NC board is like the VA board was a few years ago before all the haters logged on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Steve, I was trying to get rid of mine. Too bad I didn't know before you left.
BTW, I'm fishig out of Pirates Cove now. All new to me. Trying to learn too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dh, i am currently in williamsburg but moving to jacksonvill area soon. we should hook and check out the new areas together... i will be about 1 hour north of you and have like you, a offshore and inshore rig. hope you get your freezer and boats straight.
tight lines!! i hope to catch up with you sometime!

DM

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DM, yea I was up there yesterday. Man you need to figure out the NR gater specks! I'll send you a b-mail when I get my boat fixed.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John, I remember you saying you were going to PC. I think the last time I talked to you was that day me, you and Ike were dodging storms and bustin' sheeps at the 2nd.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea steve, That was about the last day for me at the CBBT. Last week I took PAWPAW out from PC for a little offshore action. Less than 30 miles we were fishing in over 200' of clear water!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Steve, "C" Tower is about 15 miles straight out. "G" Tower is about 18 miles. We did better at "G".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mr. Steve, what in the heck brought you to Wilmington?! One heck of a promotion I'd guess. I have been down here over a year now. Personally, I love it. It has it's own unique appeal, and alot of fishing turf [wink]. Anyway, as far as freezers go, don't know any used ones, but Sam's has a descent sized chest freezer for under 160. Later bro!

[smile]
ZACH

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Triple M!! Man I thought you disapeared or something! You down here too? You been doing any fishing down here?

I am un-employed for now. Wife got an offer we couldn't pass up.

I should have one of my boats going by Wed. I know we can get on them reds and flounder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts