Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a buddy boat and possibly a crew member or two. I'm tentatively looking at making an offshore run Saturday morning and returning Sunday morning. My intent is to run to the warm water eddie around the 950 line and try to find some tuna during the day. Then at dusk drift for swords or chunk tuna at night. At the moment, it looks like Saturday, Saturday night, and Sunday morning are good. Sunday afternoon at some point, the wind shifts from the North and could get nasty but my plan is to be home by the time that happens. I have satellite XM weather so I can get continual weather updates while offshore.

If interested, let me know ASAP. I'll make a call Friday evening to go or no go based on where the temp break is and the latest weather forecast. I think this run is too long a run for just a day trip given the still short amount of daylight.

Bmail or email me ([email protected]), or call me at 329-5137.

Mike

P.S. - I had this dream the other night, limit of tuna by 2 pm, tiles and seabass by dusk, big swords at night, run back, striper outside my inlet. :clapping2: :clapping2:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Where is that water at….the 950 and the 100????? That must be about 100 nm out of Salt Ponds. I hope the forecast doesn't speed up one little bit!!!!! That's a small window for sure. Good luck though!!! Just think how rough the stream will be?!?!?!

Inshore….

SAT
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 FT.

SAT NIGHT
NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 FT.

SUN
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING N 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO
AROUND 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT... BUILDING TO 5 TO 6 FT
IN THE AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SUN NIGHT
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 30 KT...
DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF
SHOWERS IN THE EVENING.

Offshore….

SAT
NW PORTION...N TO NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SE
PORTION...WINDS BECOMING W TO NW 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 5 FT
THROUGHOUT. ISOLATED SHOWERS NE PORTION EARLY.

SAT NIGHT
WINDS BECOMING VARIABLE 5 TO 10 KT...EXCEPT NE 10
TO 15 KT OVER N PORTION. SEAS 4 TO 5 FT.

SUN
WINDS BECOMING NE AND INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT
THROUGHOUT LATE. SEAS BUILDING TO 6 TO 11 FT...HIGHEST E OF 1000
FM.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long arse run for sure. I figure about 85 nm to the triple zeros for me and if the water keeps pushing north, perhaps it will get there. Shorter if I leave out of Rudee. Really too long for a day trip and I figure I would be running home at first light on Sunday before the window closes. If the weather window closes any tighter, then I'm out. But my theory is it's easier to turn off a trip than to turn one on.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Better watch those spring weather windows. Was supposed to be 10-20 yesterday and ended up blowing 30 all afternoon. Talk about a long nasty 80 mile ride home ride home, it sucked.

·
Registered
843 Posts
mike,

if you have your boat on trailer, i would go out of OI and try and get one of the guys to buddy up overnight. that is where the boat caught them 2 weeks ago. he was around the point. the isobars look better for an overnighter down south. looks like that is where the variable is going to be overnight. anyhow, i wish i could go, but my obligations are digging into my fishing time.

casey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts