Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find butterfish for a future trip.....

Just called Island Tackle, they are out of butterfish, but have sardines. Any where else in the Baltimore Metro area to try? I wouldnt mind buying a few flats so we are ready when this wind settles down.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Calling everywhere. Butters are sold out. Anyone tried sardines??
Sardines work. We took a bucket full offshore 3 weeks ago for an overnighter. We had steady action on small YFT and skipjack's and the sardines caught just as well as the butter chunks. Actually, when the skippies moved out and it was just BLT's, I think the sardines did better. The sardines were put on whole similar to how you would hook a hoo (sans pin rig or wiring). A nice guy at the ramp gave them to us as he was returning from an overnighter and we were leaving.

I'd get them if you can't secure butterfish

·
Registered
8 Posts
Relient Fish

Trying to find butterfish for a future trip.....

Just called Island Tackle, they are out of butterfish, but have sardines. Any where else in the Baltimore Metro area to try? I wouldnt mind buying a few flats so we are ready when this wind settles down.
Try calling Relient Fish in Jessup wholesale seafood. They handle food quality fish, all kinds. I have gotten bulk (2000lbs mackerel for chum and large squid from them in the past. Butterfish should also be available.
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts