Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and a few close family members (son) and few close friends are looking for property to lease on the Eastern Shore. I am looking for something from Kent County south towards Dorchester County (even further south would be doable). We are waterfowl hunters and deer hunting would be a perk. I have a travel trailer and would like to park in a secure area for the season. We are looking for a decent place to hunt. Water oriented would be great. Any help or additional information is greatly appreciated.

Please B-mail me with any information.

Thanks in advance.

Larry

·
Registered
561 Posts
I may have a lease Im givin up cauz I have too many down there.Its on maple dam road about one half mile past shorters wharf road nxt to blackwater refuge.

·
Registered
162 Posts
lease

I use to have a lease off of Maple Dam for a few years and would be very interested. I tried sending you an e-mail, but it would not allow. If it is available, please email me at [email protected] and I will contact you. Thanks,

Karl

·
Registered
561 Posts
The lease is for about 60 acres behind the church on maple dam road about a half mile south of shorters wharf bridge on the left.Its got a tidal pond on it and it borders a great big tract of state marsh and blackwater refuge.I have only shot sika out there but its a pretty good duck spot too.Look at the earth shots on your computer you will see the treeline,the pond and the 2 huge ponds on the state land.The guy that owns it will take a thousand for it.call me at 302 275 8439 if you want to talk to the owner Ill get you in touch with him.He can use the money he is a rat trapper!If any of the other lease deals Im in on down there need some other members Ill post em.We are looking at a couple new spots in wicomico and somerset too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good talking to you

Shaddart,

Good to meet you. My buddy and I will take a look at the land and may be see you next Saturday. Thanks again dude.

Jonathan

·
Registered
47 Posts
not much to report

I haven't posted this winter because my rock season did not start until deer and goose season ended. Had a great season and by then the rock fish did not want to cooperate. I hope to be doing more posting this your because my fishin buddy, my uncle and myself have decided to truy for our master angler award this year. tight lines and until next time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Boz:
I heard the lease has gone to the delmarva hunt club for $$$$. Give me a call sometime I may know of some spots depends on how much you want to pay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We already had the property next door and another on the other side. Due to the length of roadside ditches and the few access points, it made sense to add this property. One of the members saw the post and noticed the location.

$$$ ??, I paid the price in the post. In terms of money to pay for farms, we generally pay the going rate, no more or less than other groups. We just happen to be larger than the average. It's not a rich man's club. Basically you pay $1,000 to hunt Whitetail and Sika, along with turkey's in DE & MD. We have good properties from Cecil to Sommerset County and a nice lodge open all year. Costs of food plots and stands are included and we have virtually no limitations of where and when you hunt.

Too good to be true, yep....How...it's a club, not a business....100% non-profit and the members do all the work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure what you paid, but recently some leases have been going through the roof. Why? Because people are paying them, I have been on the same leases for over 20 years and pay the average rate (it goes up every year). I know of guys paying $3,500.00 for one blind or $3,000.00 for 100 acres of deer hunting (that's crazy). If this continues we will price the average hunter out of private leases and we will lose political clout as the # of hunters continue to decrease.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's getting harder and harder for average guys to find spots when large clubs and the Schraders of this world are out there calling land owners night and day about new deals and undercutting individuals already looking at the property. I looked at this property....I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
what you need to do is find a landowner thats not happy with a club. many clubs only take trophy's. the landowner i hunt on wants everything shot. if you let anything legal pass you by your out of there. basically its a meat shoot. you can fill your freezer or tag, whichever comes first

·
Registered
621 Posts
Is it not basic "supply and demand"?

Price is usually controled by this ....................

If my 100 acres was for lease.......I would not give it up for less than $3000.......just because.

Mark

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Plus remember, for some farmers, hunting lease income is significant- might end up being the difference between keeping it farmland and selling to a developer.

If you have a good lease, protect yourself and lock in a long term lease. If you want to keep your options open, fine, but don't be mad if the farmer keeps his options open. But as was mentioned, most leases trade hands because either the hunters aren't happy with the hunting, or the farmer isn't happy with the hunters. I like trophies, but I like venison more. Always amazes me when a group gets kicked out because they refuse to shoot does.......

1 - 20 of 38 Posts