Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. Wanted to ask if anyone has a positive Broker experience that they would be willing to refer. I presently have my boat listed for sale on a few public sites and have been making a half hearted effort to sell her, but I’m now considering listing her with a broker.

Never used a broker and think that I need someone local to the Annapolis area and who would be very comfortable selling a boat in my class. (In this case a 1997 Grady White Gulfstream.) The reason I mention this is because there has to be a huge difference in selling a blue water yacht versus a walkaround cuddy like mine. Please let me know if you had any positive experiences that you would feel comfortable in referring. Thanks.

Ted

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Try Bobby at Knot 10 yacht sales (410-991-7402). I listed by 2005 Grady 258 with them and now have it under contract. Took about two months. Very easy to deal with, prominent location by Kent Narrows, and just as importantly just 7% brokerage fee! (or $3,000, whichever is greater). PM me if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have you thought about a hybrid approach? Anglers Edge gets you a ton of exposure for a nominal fee, refers buyers to you, you show the boat and close the deal. I think that his motto is something like "you don't need a broker, you need a buyer."

I sold my last boat with him, top notch!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, hadn't thought of either of those options. I'll check them out.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Anglers Edge helped with the pricing and ran ads on a dozen sites.Still had to show the boat myself.Got calls from Texas to Canada.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Best boat broker

Greetings all. Wanted to ask if anyone has a positive Broker experience that they would be willing to refer. I presently have my boat listed for sale on a few public sites and have been making a half hearted effort to sell her, but I'm now considering listing her with a broker.

Never used a broker and think that I need someone local to the Annapolis area and who would be very comfortable selling a boat in my class. (In this case a 1997 Grady White Gulfstream.) The reason I mention this is because there has to be a huge difference in selling a blue water yacht versus a walkaround cuddy like mine. Please let me know if you had any positive experiences that you would feel comfortable in referring. Thanks.

Ted
M

Call Walter at Annapolis Boat Sales. He has both bought and sold a boat for me. The number is 410-604-6992.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts