Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Carolina Skiff JVX18 with a Suzuki DF60 a few months back. I upgraded the prop to a Stainless Steel. It was a 10 3/4 x 12. Once I finally got pass the breakin period and found I could not go WOT. It would hit the rev limiter at 6000 rpm before it reached WOT. The dealer just swapped it with a 10 1/8 x 15, but I will not get a chance to try it for a couple of weeks. I was hoping someone might have some recommendations in case the new one does not work out.

thanks
Earl

·
Registered
214 Posts
Call Max at bay propeller he will get you set up right.

3231 South Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23323-4409
(757) 485-5681

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You need more pitch or bite in the water. I second Max at Bay Propeller. He has always done right by me. You may have the problem solved with the 101/8x15. Oh and if you are hitting the limiter you are actually PAST WOT. Are you testing the pro with a loaded boat? full tank all your equipment,people typicaly on board?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I am hoping that the change in pitch solves the issue, but I am a little concerned that it actually dropped in diameter from a 10 3/4 to a 10 1/8 in size. I would have thought that a bigger size would actually be better. Yes, I am testing it fully rigged and loaded with a full tank and two people. If it does not work out I will definely contact Max. I appreciate the info.

Earl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts