Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my rig up to Raritan Bay/Sandy Hook area for some late fall action the 2 days after Thanksgiving. Anybody have any reports (past or present) on the striper activity up there this time of the year??

·
Registered
382 Posts
I dont know about striper activity, but that place is a certified DUMP! The beaches are disgusting, the people are most A-holes, and to get to any real action, you gotta hump it about 2 miles.....i did manage one nice striper last trip on clam, but that will be my LAST trip....dont take your shoes off and wear thick soles.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, thanks for the heads up, but I'll be in my boat so I'll be far enough from the beach that I shouldn't have to see the trash ... couldn't be any worse than all the fat, naked people on Gunison beach this past summer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There was a lot of action yesterday for bass off of Monmouth. Mostly slot sized fish but my buddy got 25 fish from 22-27" with 5 of them being in the 30" range. This was all from a kayak. A boat will give you more range obviously. Not much going on in the bay, most action is in the ocean.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon - Thanks for the heads up. The weather Friday & Saturday is supposed to be OK, but a little windy. We're hoping to get out of the bay and into the ocean, but it looks like the marine forecast report is providing conditions that I would consider marginal at best for getting out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts