Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to set up for a weeks vacation in a beach house that is convenient to boat ramp. Have been looking at Edisto and Folley. Any tips?

Also, planning on going end of June early July whats the best meat fish within a couple miles of shore? Heard there were groupers down there but wasn't sure how far out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you want a place on Edisto, you need to move fast. Google Edisto Rentals. You can get rentals with docks but you can drop the boat daily at the marina or at the State park.

Be sure to eat at the Old Post Office while you're there....make a reservation well before your departure for Edisto and try their shrimp and grits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Edisto is the place to go. I spend 2 weekends a month there at least! To rent try www.vrbo.com or www.edistorealty.com. There are several landings including one by the Dawhoo bridge that dumps you in the waterway and one in an area called the "NECK" (Live Oak Landing) that puts you in the creeks with easy access to the ocean. Or of cours you can use the marina. I can't tell you enough how important it is to eat at The Old Post Office. It will be one of the best meals. A place at the beach called Sea Cow has great french toast in the morning! Enjoy your trip and let me know if you have any questions I might be able to help you with. Also, you can check the charlestonfishing. com site for information on where to go and what to catch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Folks locked into a place in Topsail instead.

I have friends in Charleston We usually try to see once a year. Will definitely try the old post office next time I'm in the area, and look at staying in Edisto next year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
smashten,
good places at Sunset Beach, many with canals in the back and floating docks.
access to Little River and Tubbs Inlet, Shallotte River and others

nw

·
Registered
154 Posts
Try spanish mackeral they are usually fairly easy to catch trolling within a couple of mile of the beach. Goodluck....We fish out of Little River and Lockwood Folly alot let me know if you have any other questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts