Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:

From time to time my boat partner Big Fish Bob gets on a plane and goes out of town and leaves me looking for the "Perfect Ho" to join me on my 23' Parker on one of my "Destination" trips, which may be up to a week in length, including travel time.

The usual destinations include Cape Cod, Montauk, the CBBT and The Outer Banks of NC in Winter. The primary target is always the same, the dwindling stocks of Ocean Run Stripers.

Believe it or not, everyone cannot leave at the whims of wind and weather. That being the case I have listed a set of requirements that would define someone who would be The "Perfect Ho".

I have a few friends who do make a trip with me from time to time, but often their wives have their schedules jammed up with things they think are more important than fishing. Go figure. So there is always room for more good friends and new friends to be.

The "Perfect Ho" would be:

1. Good Company - First and most important is a sense of humor. Life's too short not to have one.

2. Retired, no job and no life other than fishing. That means you are probably an old fart, but that puts you in good company with the other guys we travel with who take their own boats and partner with us on these trips.

3. Addicted to Light Tackle Jigging - I do NO trolling.

4. Good at backing a trailer and Launching/Retrieving the boat.

5. A Non-Smoker.

6. Able to share expenses.

7. Happy when we are catching, but doesn't whine when we're not. While every trip we made in 2010, and again this past month in NC, was outstanding by any standards there are no guarantees given the declines in large Striper breeding stocks that this will be repeated again this year.

If this looks a lot like you and are interested in some new adventures please send me a BMail with your contact information and let's talk about it. At the very least we may make a new fishing friend.

Thanks and good fishing to all in 2011.

GT

·
Registered
576 Posts
My youngest should have his masters degree the spring of 2019. Can you pencil me in for June 2019?

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Damn, I am good on all except #2. I just need to retire and I will be good on all points. Unfortunately that is 5 - 7 years out.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, I am good on all except #2. I just need to retire and I will be good on all points. Unfortunately that is 5 - 7 years out.
That #2 gets most, especially the requirement you have no life other than fishing.

Don't be in a hurry to reach retirement age, it will get you soon enough.

GT.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Hey GT........ 1 - 7 = YES ! Always looking for new adventures ! I'm primarily interested in November-March as I'm pretty booked up during the regular season here on the Bay.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I am a lock for your next trip if you can help explain to my wife why I am currently viewing a web page titled "Looking for a perfect HO"

And my 3 year old wants to know now too.

TIGHT LINES!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Gee Chunk, I'm think I'm good with all but that #2. If this new venture takes off, that may not be far away. Wouldn't mind being on your boat sometime instead of on mine looking over at you on yours, anyway.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I am shocked and amazed that you would throw your long time fishing buddy under the bus like that. ( insert smiley face here)..

I have the same issue with my fishing buddy. So I plan our trips months in advance and email him every week. About a week before we are heading out I get the call. And it starts out like this:

"Mike is the trip next week? ...So where are we going again? ..."

Argh!!! But honestly I could not imagine him not on the boat and throwing my best rod overboard..

I hope you find that someone and have a great time.

Good luck..

Capt Mike

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
I honestly think it is easier to find a perfect wife then a good , solid fishing buddy.

It is not hard to find a HO for one day now / then but tough to find someone who can fish often during the week.

I'd love to join you in those week long adventures but life right now is too busy to free up that much time.

If you do a 2-3 day trip , drop me a B mail. Might be able to go.

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW would I love to see this in 24 months when I retire from the US Coast Guard.

I can say I would fit the bill on all for at least a year after I retire, I figure I will drive my wife crazy by the end of the first retirement year and she will make me go back to work.

I will keep my eyes open for a post in 24 months :wink44:

v/r
"Hardrocks"
Rocky

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am a lock for your next trip if you can help explain to my wife why I am currently viewing a web page titled "Looking for a perfect HO"

And my 3 year old wants to know now too.

TIGHT LINES!
Frank: When you have a 3 year old you have to explain a lot of things to your wife.:))

GT

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am shocked and amazed that you would throw your long time fishing buddy under the bus like that. ( insert smiley face here)..

I have the same issue with my fishing buddy. So I plan our trips months in advance and email him every week. About a week before we are heading out I get the call. And it starts out like this:

"Mike is the trip next week? ...So where are we going again? ..."

Argh!!! But honestly I could not imagine him not on the boat and throwing my best rod overboard..

I hope you find that someone and have a great time.

Good luck..

Capt Mike
Mike: Your buddy sounds like Big Fish Bob who has been my best friend for nearly 50 years. I would never trade him even though there is a certain amount of "baggage" that goes with him. (That's an inside joke for everyone who knows him):))

I want BFB to be on every trip, but his wife sometimes has other ideas regarding what he should be doing.:rolleyes:

Here's to good friends.

GT

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I honestly think it is easier to find a perfect wife then a good , solid fishing buddy.

It is not hard to find a HO for one day now / then but tough to find someone who can fish often during the week.

I'd love to join you in those week long adventures but life right now is too busy to free up that much time.

If you do a 2-3 day trip , drop me a B mail. Might be able to go.
:amen: on all counts. I have you on my list. Hope you have a good Trophy season.

GT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts