Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be coming down and staying on the Eastern Shore. Looking to book a charter in hopes the Rockfish show up but also want to weigh my options for a deep drop trip if the Rock don't show. I have fished with a couple different captains out of Rudee in the past but looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Will be coming down and staying on the Eastern Shore. Looking to book a charter in hopes the Rockfish show up but also want to weigh my options for a deep drop trip if the Rock don't show. I have fished with a couple different captains out of Rudee in the past but looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all.
check out this link, look at the posts and then you decide if the fish are on the eastern shore,
https://www.facebook.com/IFishVA/?fref=ts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Of course the bay will be closed for striper in Jan but you can do catch and release. I actually think the lower bay will turn on pretty good right after the bay season is closed so if catch and release is OK for you then you stand a good chance of catching bay fish in Jan. The coastal zone fishing has been hit or miss the last few years with mostly miss. I won't book any coastal striper trips unless I can confirm there are fish inside the line. If you are wanting coastal trips for striped bass my recommendation is to wait to see if they come inside then book which the charter of your choice. Deep dropping will remain an option but bad part is BSB will also close 31 Dec but tile and grouper are a good possibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts