Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta pair of Costa Del Mars Man o wars Love em but they need repair Any body got a better pair for freshwater and saltwater fishin?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I bought a pair of Coasta 580's with the Copper-colored lenses last summer, and have not been disapointed....... These are my 1st set of expensive sunglasses, and my only issue has been, I miss grabbing the tail of my shirt to clean them off when getting some saltwater spray on them. It seems that expensive glasses give far superior vision when they are perfectly cleaned, but are aweful when they have just a little bit of crud on them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Costa will repair your glasses if you do not want to buy another pair. Go to their web page and fill out the repair paper work. UPS them to Florda and they will fix them. I have a pair of Triple Tails that needed new lenses and one new arm. I think it was like $80 to have them fixed. I have a pair of 580's now and use the Triple Tails as spares If you want new ones, the 580's are the way to go.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have had a pair of Maui Jim Sports for years and they work great for fishing, see right throw the glare, and they are so light that you won't know you have them on. This past fall I smashed them to pieces by accident while unloading gear in Chesapeake Beach. Warranty had expired a couple years ago, sent them in to see if they could possibly be repaired. Maui Jim called me within a couple days and said they were well beyond repair (no surprise), I got a brand new pair at a 40% discount. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
Maui Jims goes above and beyond most times. But their models they currently have I dont really like.
Costa Del Mar are good glasses but their repair/warranty work is ridiculous. You have to pay $10 just to have them look at them. Then $10 bucks shipping back. IN ADDITION to the repair. All this for a plastic POS made in Japan. Costa charges way too much for a piece of plastic then sticks it up your ass again if you break them, which WILL happen if you fish alot. Just my $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts