Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a little surf fishing in the past so I'm not totally new but I would like to get with a group or club to do more. I live in the Northern Neck area of the Bay. I'm a couple hours north or so of Va. Beach. Thanks, [email protected]

p.s. I noticed that one of the "Choose your post subject:" is "Looking for a HO"
What is a HO???? I'm sure it's not what I thinking.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
ho is a hop on. means you want to fish on someone elses vessel. hence not a charter - since taking monetary compensation for fishing is well according to obama "illegal"

clubs - there are some clubs down on the outer banks, but they are tight knit. there are some 4x4 clubs who fish in the surf tourneys, but they aren't necessarily all true surf fishermen. some do it for the comraderie and esprit de corps. If you are trying to learn get with Joe Malat - he advertises in the chesapeake angler.

good luck!

·
Registered
494 Posts
ho is a hop on. means you want to fish on someone elses vessel. hence not a charter - since taking monetary compensation for fishing is well according to obama "illegal"

clubs - there are some clubs down on the outer banks, but they are tight knit. there are some 4x4 clubs who fish in the surf tourneys, but they aren't necessarily all true surf fishermen. some do it for the comraderie and esprit de corps. If you are trying to learn get with Joe Malat - he advertises in the chesapeake angler.

good luck!
REALLY????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts