Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's too cold for you to be working today; is it not? Ron and maybe Biker Bob, who lives across the road and you met last time we hunted over here, will be over the man cave today. If you don't have anything going on and need a break to get out of the house stop by. We normally meet up around 1:30 and break up the party between 3:30 and 4:00 or when ever you want to leave. I went down and turn the gas logs on at 10 so it should be around 75 inside.

Acey

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Not too cold to work. I split some wood then hauled four or five wheel barrow loads and stacked it on the patio in preparation for the upcoming snow storm. Enjoy your man cave afternoon. I have had a fire in the stove almost continuously for the past couple of weeks. I will probably set down by the stove and tie a bunch of dropper flies and jig hooks during the storm. I may hit the river tomorrow before the storm in hopes of a nice mess of yellow perch fillets..

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry sounds like you have a game plan and that is the main thing to have. Know all about cutting fire wood, loading it up, hauling it back to the house and stacking it, let alone bring it off the stacked pile into the house to burn. Did do it for many a year as our main heat when the wife and I were younger and the kids were young. Do know they don't know how bad the coming storm is going to be but do know I'm heading to the liquor store tomorrow to get enough heat back up source to make it till the end of next week.

Acey

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The three or four wheel barrow loads today was to replenish what I have burned in the last couple of days. I have almost half a chord of wood on the patio so I won't have to do any hauling during the storm! Wood was our only heat for many years when I was growing up in N.C. We later switched to coal which I had to carry in from two to four five gallon buckets every night. We had a small pot belly stove in the kitchen and a large heater in the living room. When I left home, Dad went out and bought two oil heaters. They gave me the small pot belly stove when I moved to Maryland and I still have it. It is well over 50 years old but it has not been used for over 20 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts