Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be doing some light tackle trolling out of Pt. Lookout. Anyone else going?

Sunday is the only day with a mention of "10 kt" in it.

Today
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt this afternoon. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
Tonight
NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
Sat
NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 4 ft.
Sat Night
NW winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
Sun
NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SW in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
Sun Night
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Waves 1 to 3 ft.
Mon
SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W after midnight. Waves 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm planning to go. Even if I don't catch any fish, I do enjoy watching gannets and loons, and the bay has filled up with them just in the past week.

FF

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
When I was out on Veteran's Day I had a loon hunting in the waters around me. When I first saw it, I thought it was a seal going under. All I saw was something smooth and black heading under the surface. When it surfaced a few seconds later I realized it was a loon. It was pretty vocal too. There were gannets out there as well. I had not seen as many as there were two weeks ago. It sounds like there are more out there now.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I saw my first gannet on Friday a week ago. Yesterday there were a whole lot of them, some in Eastern Bay, and more over on the west side. The loons can make a huge swirl, gets one's heart pumping, then you see this bird appear.

FF

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'll be out Sunday - launching from Sandy Point - weather may keep me near the bridge (20' boat), otherwise we'll work our way south then towards Eastern Bay... hope to see some birds.

Shout

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Let's hope the forecast for Sunday holds up :thumbup:.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'll be out Sunday somewhere around Kent Island if the weather holds. Might be a bit chilly first thing. Get to put the new winter gear to the real test. Need to find a good pair of gloves.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Probably out of Deale mid morning if the weather holds - will be on ch68. Andy/Bottom Line

·
Registered
210 Posts
going out of point lookout tomorrow

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will be out mid Sunday morning from Royal Oak on the eastern shore. Will be going to mouth of Choptank, or Poplar Island area and maybe Eastern Bay. Will be on ch68. Larry

===============
GradyWhite 232

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sunday it is!

SUN
W WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

We'll be leaving Deale around 11ish....Andy

·
Registered
114 Posts
The weatherman don't know. On NOAA it says 10-15 2-3 footers, on Fishweather.com it shows it blowing until 10:00 then there being very light winds after that.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You don't get 2-3-footers with 10-15 from the NW, at least not in my part of the bay. It's droipped a lot in the past couple hours at TPL. I think the cold is going to hurt more tomorrow than the wind, we'll see. Might be our last hurrah for the season.

FF

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
I'll be out from about 10am til just before dark.

cell 443-794-3547
ch 68.

lets keep in touch. the more lookin and talkin the better it is, usually. FF, make sure we talk.

I plan to leave west rv and cross to 86, go south across mouth of ebay, 84a, down to knapps narrows for gas, then I'm not sure.

Now, if someone calls me on feesh and interupts my plan, that is ok.

:D

PS - by myself right now. if someone wants a boat ride out of west rv, contact me here.
:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts