Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave up a golf day this coming Thursday so if Ron's available, I think it's going to be a perfect day to catch a crappie or two. Weather forecast is for partly cloudy, high 40's for the morning boat ride down Butchers then climbing into the low 70's by late morning. Wind is forecasted to be light and variable and the water temp should be somewhere around 66 or 67. Lake water level has been holding in the upper 299.00 for the past 4 days; so if the COE lets it stay there for today and tomorrow that will be nearly a week with the lake water staying at about the same elevation. You couldn't a line things more perfect then this unless you were Mother Nature. If we go, we'll probably pull out the driveway a little before 5:30am and that should put us at Rudd's ramp around
7:30. I'll let you all know what we decide to do a little later this morning after I talk to Ron. Bill Hardy, you going to go to the lake this week?

Acey

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andypat the same to you and we hope you find them perch. Just checked a Kerr site to see what they showed as the water temp.. Here is what they showed.

John H Kerr Reservoir

Current Temperature:
43°

Est Water Temperature:
66° (What's This)

Barometric Pressure:
30.32 (High)

Wind Speed:
South-West at 03 Knots (3 MPH)

It shows on another Kerr board the water elevation this morning is somewhere around 299.40 Does look like tomorrow's weather is coming together. Can only hope the crappy are watching the same weather channel that I am. Hope to be home and have everything put away by 4:30 so I should post a report some where around 5 pm.

Acey

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still too early and cool to go outside and start getting things right for tomorrow morning. Sooooooo; the one thing that has me concern is the High Pressure System which is sitting over southeast Virginia and has been for the last three days or so. I've got my fingers crossed that the system has been sitting in place long enough that the crappie have made an adjustment to the high pressure. I see in my above post the barometric pressure is 30.32 which I think is very high. Went on line looking for some information on the matter and thought I'd share it with you.

http://www.thefishingnut.com/articles/barometer.html

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/18463-pressure-system/

Some good information. Not sure but I'm going to go look and see if I can find on the internet if this high pressure is not suppose to begin moving out of here tomorrow afternoon, which would mean a falling barometer. Think I understand, they are saying this would increase the crappie bite if such were to happen.

Acey

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.yourweatherservice.com/weather-14-days/clarksville/united-states/usva1280

We will see how this plays out. Today the barometer pressure is shown as being 30.33. Tomorrow it is suppose to be 30.27 and Friday 30.21. Now I know you all won't believe me, but I ain't no rocket scientist, but my thinking is that even though it is only a slight movement in the pressure, it is a downward movement and it just might just be enough to turn the crappie on. Reason for posting all this bull, is that we all just might learn something after our fishing trip tomorrow about watching the barometer pressure and its' effect on the crappie bite.

Acey

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, If not at the store we'll wait at the ramp till 7:45 or so. If your late and miss us, just go down Butchers past the Marina, Butchers then makes a turn to the left about a mile pass the Marina and soon after that turn there is a large creek on the left. That's Taits creek and we'll be in the first cove on the left up that creek. There is an island at the mouth of the creek and make sure you stay well to the right side of that island because of shallows. See you around 7:30 and your welcome to follow us around.

Acey

Here is the weather right now up at the lake.

John H Kerr Reservoir

Current Temperature:
46°

Est Water Temperature:
66° (What's This)

Barometric Pressure:
30.32 (High)

Wind Speed:
North at 00 Knots (0 MPH)

At 3am the water level is 299.14. Now to see if the crappie know all this.

Acey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.