Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been using windon leaders lately and going bimini twist mainline to loop in dacron on leader via cats paw.I also often go spro 130 windon on swivel route without ever a problem.Is there a reason i cant crimp a loop in mainline, crimp a loop on leader and cat paw these together?Basically a combination of the 2 methods.Aside from winding crimps thru guides and on reel,is there a reason not to do this?Seems quicker,easier, cheaper and i would think quite strong.Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify i am refering to not using a premade windon leader ,just how ever much fluoro i want and crimping a loop.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or doing bimini to bimini.They are tough to tie on a small pitching boat at times.Just looking for other means of making wind on fluoro leaders,tho i do like basil's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For what it's worth, I crimp on my fluoro to a spro swivel, and now just tie mainline with a San Diego jam knot. Easy to tie, and the strongest knot I can do. I have wide rollers and have had no problems at the swivel with any of it. Easy is the word.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts