Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a banner day fishing today.

Arrived Cabo yesterday afternoon, bought a 7 day license for $20 and got out solo first time this morning on a 23 ft. Panga. $150 included the license.

16 Bonita trolling 3 lines 8 mph
* all 3 lines hit at once twice and one double

1 YellowTail -- jigging

3 Sierra live-lining (like a Wahoo)

... ran out of bait and told told the captain to head back in an hour early. He was willing to start back jigging or trolling.

$4 to clean the fish at the dock, gave most to the captain and walked the rest over to Tonys restaurant at the marina

Just finished a nice meal of Bonita grilled cajun style with salad and bread, add 3 different Mexican beers with lime $13 total. Having sierra tomorrow cooked different. Last night had a 12 oz steak with 2 lobster tails for $16.95.

Heading back out Thursday`- same boat.

Pics on my IPhone will be posted when I return. Next year I´ll get an International data plan for one month and cancel after the trip.

I love this place :bigfish:

Lucas Moreno
www.fishcabo.com:mx
044(624) 128 04 98

Capt Gacinto
Boat: Marina II 23 ft. Panga

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sweet; it's 30 degrees and snow flurries here. I had a small pizza and a couple beers for $16 here.
Enjoy a cold one for me!!!
5th (Marty)

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Good for you Jim. Sounds like a great time. Enjoy and have a safe trip home!. Funny one Marty!!.........Gary

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm jealous.
If you've got some time to kill, rent an SUV for the day and head about an hour northeast to the East Cape.
Cabo Pulmo, great scenery and fishing from the beach.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Hook House.

80 degrees and stays light until past 9 pm.

The cost for the pangas is the same if you have one or three people aboard and the big boats were fishing the same area today. I'm going easy on the tequila this year.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Marty - Ted - Gary Wish you guys were here.

Wait! We would probably get arrested! Gary was a cop and could talk em out of it. (with a 50) :hysterical:

I had to produce my fishing license before leaving the harbor and we got stopped coming back in... had to show my license again and was asked to hold up fish from the cooler. They are more aggresive than the NRP.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I hate you! :wink44: Cabo is one of my favorite places in the world and haven't been back since my construction business went to hell three years ago. I know the things you speak of and can't believe you are there and I'm sitting watching the snow fall. Enjoy your stay and give use more reports.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
OK; here's the plan. Please go fishing again. Catch a few nice fish, but, before you take them into the beach resturant, get a few of the women on the beach to hold them for you while you take a few pictures:clapping2:.
Now you might find that some of the women don't want to get fish slime on their bikini tops, sooooo:eek2:.
And lastly, please hold the camera vertically, not horizontal.
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:
Have a great time.
5th (Marty)

·
Registered
643 Posts
SWEET....And do what Marty says....Going to go shovel 5 inches of snow now....Lucky You....Thanks for sharing...Bill

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Can you believe the Ches. bay looked like that water in Cabo just a few short 400 years ago.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hillybilly Cujo, Marty, Wino - I hit a small bar (first one of the night) last night that was $6 for 2 shots of good tequilla and 2 Coronas with lime (or Presidente or Dos Equis).

Lots of cute las chicas eye candy scantily clad but I try not to look. :beergood:

Jeff - I sure hope you are getting better. That`s rough but beats buying the farm. What`s the prognosis and timeframe?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Jim,
They are worried about the clotting and the arrythmia that occured after the plunge. Im playing with lots of Drs now. I was supposed to be in Mexico the week after Christmas but got grounded. Have a great trip!

Jeff

Jeff

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keep us posted Jeff. I had another good day fishing today and took a bunch of filets over to one of the marina restaurants an hour ago for dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow and beyond. It's earlier here. Hope you get to Mexico soon. They miss you. Get better my friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts