Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning we lost a dear friend, Andy Ligon. Some of you may have know him as the former president of the Tidewater Anglers club. He was an avid fisherman and great friend to myself, my brother and father (Marty "XPUHA") and his wife Mary. Andy has been battling cancel for a the past two years and pased away this morning. I have fond memories of traveling to Mexico with him and his son, chatting about fishing orwhatever came to mind, fishing the Outer Banks and the Chesapeake Bay. We were blessed to have Andy over for Christmas and to celebrate the New Years. Andy loved fishing and devoted much of his time to the fishing community. He was very excited to get his citation in the mail yesterday!!! He leaves behind a wife, several children and grandchildren. He will be missed dearly. The funeral service will be held at the Hollomon Brown Funeral home located on Tidewater Drive at 12 noon on Monday the 29th of January. We love you and will miss you dearly; both at our home and on the panga.

Casey Jones

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Casey- prayers sent for his family- the memories will live on.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Really enjoyed fishing with Andy and his son a couple of weeks ago. I'm very sad to hear of his passing. Prayers go out for him and his family.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Fishermans Prayer

I pray that I may live to fish.......
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Fiddler's Green

As I walked by the dockside one evening so rare,
To view the saltwater and taste the salt air,
I spied an old fisherman singing this song,

"Oh take me away, boys, my time is not long-"

"Wrap me up in me oil skin and jumper,
No more 'round the docks I'll be seen,
Just tell me old shipmates,
I'm takin' a trip, mates,
and I'll see you some day in Fiddler's Green"

Sorry for the loss of your friend..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow! That third picture is a picture of a lifetime, Sitting on a beautiful beach having a nice cerveza with some friends and looking out on Mother ocean I hope I die with that memory....

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Sorry about your loss...

...seems he was well loved......he will be remembered.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I didn't personally know the man but sorry to hear of his passing.
It appears from the pictures the man had a enjoyable fishing time when he could.
Condolence's to his family
Regards

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
passing

Andy touched alot of our lives & will not be forgotten . I remember 1st. meeting him tied to a piling @ the high level one cold night years ago catchin' jumbo rocks . As president he did an outstanding job for the Tidewater Anglers club. He was always a wealth of information no matter what the species we discussed. We can only hope he's @ peace now watchin' over those that loved him so much. My prayers are w/ his family & friends. Life is not fair.Too many too soon leave us w/ only our memories of times passed. :( Light winds & followin' seas Andy ....;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts