Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that I have had some hot food and a hot shower I can give a lil more detailed report. left hampton at 7am headed to smith Island. On the way we passed tons of birds and boiling fish on the bay side of the 3rd but kept on running. we got to fisherman`s Island and noticed a lil fog but not to bad ran to the spot and put out 4 eels. waited an hour befor we got our first run and boated a nice 45incher! Now this is when the fog got thick and I lost all site of land, I though I was screwed, ten mins later 3 rods go down and we get all 3 in the boat! I was running around the boat with the net like a crazy man!! Ran back to the deeper water,which is how I new where I was (by The depth of the water) and started another drift. We wacked em this drift with a steady bite of two fish at a time! fog lifted and we ran home with the cooler lid tied shut!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Way to go. I was about 4 miles W of the Hi Rise and brought home a 46.5#, 49"er. What a blast that was. Caught it on a eel on M 20# gear. The fog was so thick you could barely see 100 yards. Plenty of meat for the cooler though. Glad on a day like today for GPS's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
we headed out to cape henry around 9 and couldnt see shiat id say about 30 yards visibility. when the fog lifted we realized there were 10000 other boats out there with u s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts