Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday morning -23rd- there was a boat having trouble getting started close to the ramp..I loaned the guys my jumper cables and asked them to return them by putting them in my truck-on the front floor.I came back from fishing and the cables were not there.

The boat was a Bayliner with blue trim about 21 feet with an I/O on a trailer.If I rember right-it was towed by a white truck.

If it was you or you know who the two guys are- drop me a B-mail.If you came in from fishing and found cables in your truck- it was not Santa Claus :D. With cold weather here- I hate being without jumper cables.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I saw them out there trolling, hope you get em back.
How do you troll with Jumper cables do the black ones go on the board lines and the umbrella rigs go on the red ???

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Skip, I saw the Bayliner but it did not have a tow vehicle. It was parked on a trailer to the left of the line and they were working on it. I really hope the guys you loaned your cables to did not take them. We were about 8 boats back....you should have asked me to grab them for you when they were done......... LOCK YOUR TRUCK....you are way too trusting.......Gary

·
Registered
888 Posts
Skip,

I think that was me and we DID put them in the bed of your truck!!!!:eek2:

If they weren't there then somebody else ran off with them.

I really appreciate the loan and I will be good for the cables. I'll buy some new ones and send them to you, or you pick them up and let me know what they cost.

I have had good and bad experiences with loaning stuff and borrowing stuff. I will keep my end of the bargain.

David

PS. We have an 18 foot Trophy outboard, white with antifoul paint (blue) below the water line, towed by silver Dodge van, front end down the ramp to get close enough for jumpers. You had a blue Dodge diesel pickup truck? We never had our trailer disconnected from the van.

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:roflguy::roflguy:- blue Dodge - you were close :hysterical:.

Gold/black/red Ford F-350.Now let's hope the Dodge owner finds them and reads TF.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Whew! I guess it wasn't your cables I borrowed.

I don't know what happened to the set I used to have in my boat. Must have loaned them to someone...

Skip, I hope they turn up.

David

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
David - that is wierd.What are the odds of one brand of boat breaking down and both being loaned jumper cables on the same morning ?

I waiting for Rod Sterling to announce " Twillight Zone".

The boat was parked on land-on the left hand side about 75 feet from the ramp.The two guys working on it were about 50 yrs old +/- and had an accent.

The cables were all yellow.

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
David- you are not the guys I loaned my cables to.
It was very busy Sunday and I'm betting they put them in the wrong truck.Not a big deal- they were not the best cables to begin with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Someone's jumper cables ended up in the bed of my silver/black 08 F450 4x4 dually on Sunday at BP. If you want them back, send a description and your mailing address.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Those jumper cables most likely belong to Sailfish27 Skip. I called him and let him know so he should be contacting you........Thanks............Gary

1 - 18 of 18 Posts