Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LIVE IN THE TUNSTALL AREA OF NEW KENT CO. AND OUR PET GOT OUT TODAY. SHE IS PART BLUE TICK AND PART TREEING WALKER. WE LIVE CLOSE TO WATERLOO HUNT CLUB. SHE HAAS BEEN KEPT IN A FENCED YARD FOR 1 YEAR AND WE KNOW SHE WAS FROM HUNTING STOCK. MY QUESTION IS - DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH HOUNDS AS PETS , HOW LONG THEY STAY GONE WHEN HOOKING UP WITH HUNTING DOGS ,OR IF AND WHEN (HOW MANY DAY'S )SHE MAY FOLLOW OTHER DOGS TILL SHE MAY RETURN. THE WIFE AND I MISS HER MUCH.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT?

THANKS A BUNCH,
DARREN[sad]

·
Registered
61 Posts
I run beagles and I think it is very unlikely that any dog that has never been packed with other dogs would run with them for any length of time, if at all.

Since she escaped from home, she knows where home is, and how to get back.

In my experience, they either come back within 24 hours, or someone took them in. Did she have a nametag on collar?

I know the heartache of a lost dog and hope you find her.

Hank

·
Registered
245 Posts
Don't know the area u live in. But, my advice would be to get the word out that your dog is missing. I used to have a beagle and she would run loose for a day and always make it back. I feel dogs know where home is and will come back. And as said, if not someone may have your dog. So, it is important to let your neighborhood know the dog is missing. Good luck... I know the feeling of having a missing dog.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to hear. thats a heart breaking feeling.

contact the local spca or dog catcher. someone may call if they have found your dog. go to the hunt club and let them know. post as many signs as possible. there are friendly people out there who will take an animal in until they see a posted sigh.

Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Darren,
Try 966-9500 non-911 for New Kent and same for animal control and their k9 unit in New Kent or web page newkent.net. I would also try the Vol. Fire Dept near you or Ambulance people b/c they are always coming and going.

I raised Beagles for hunting and when my girls ran away they had an itch to mate. Girls get wild...ya know! If you get her back and I really hope you do..she will do it again( now that she knows how). In the country we have street smart dogs who walk with the traffic...yours doesn't know how to do this as she stays at home. I really hope she is O'kay and you and the Miss find her.

If I can help you this weekend let me know...Oops, maybe Sunday as hunting season starts in King and Queen Saturday.[excited]...No I will help regardless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.