Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some intel that bubba and friends may be starting to show down near PLO. Buddy Mark and I decided to get the planer boards and parachutes wet for the first time this fall. Launched at Buzz's around 8AM, ran out in front of St. Jeromes Creek and trolled in the 2-3 footers for a couple of hours or so. Marked lots of bait and some fish, but no knockdowns. Tide was very high and not moving much at this point. Pulled in all the trolling gear and found some bird activity, between PNP light and the mouth of St. Jeromes. Were able to catch keeper rock and blues for the next couple hours. Nearly all rockfish taken on BKDs, all the blues on stingsilvers, and a few rock on topwater. A great fall day, even though it was a bit snotty.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
playin' hooky

Turned out to be a good day to skip school:rolleyes: I think I'm gonna try to cut the dark meat outa the big blue and try to ceviche him as an experiment. Rest of the blues to the smoker and the rock for din-din tomorrow.:yes:

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Turned out to be a good day to skip school:rolleyes: I think I'm gonna try to cut the dark meat outa the big blue and try to ceviche him as an experiment. Rest of the blues to the smoker and the rock for din-din tomorrow.:yes:
Too late . Always cut the blues under the throat and up through the gills right after you catch them . Hang them by the tail over the side of the boat and shake them to bleed them out . You will be amazed at how much better the fish tastes .:yes:Like this :

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Glad you got fish guys. I was out getting another horse so I wasn't there when you got back. Like I don't have enough to do right? All the other people that went out got fish too. I couldn't believe how many people went considering the wave action. See you soon! Christy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts