Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a little C&R before putting my boat in the shop for a little TLC.Decided to take a cruise down to the bridge but never made it past #8.

Ran inta small beehive( not quite the size you find @ VA beach) but pretty big for the river.
I was ltt with some storms and could not reel them in fast enough.Non stop 22-28 inch fish for about an hour!. I also jigged up quite a few.

Water temp 45.7 degrees...fish in 50 feet of water suspended around 20 ft.....Bait everywhere in 50 ft of water through the water column up to about 20 ft

The birds sat down and thats when the bite stopped....Great fun

I ran into Chris (Optimistic) on my way back to Belle Isle he was marking and catching also.

Everyone needs to get out before the water temp drops too much!

Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
C&R Regs

What exactly are the rules for C&R in the Rapp at this time of year? Can you use a multihook rig (like a Stretch)? I've heard you have to use single hooks (bucktails, plastic, etc.) and bend down the barb.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not use a multi-hook anytime of year..Just be gentle with the fish and catch and release as quick as you can

Change out the trebles to a single on your stretches

Bill

·
Registered
496 Posts
Bill- I put my boat away Sat. and now you tell me fishing was hot on Sunday!! That's the way it goes sometimes, I guess. Anyway, best :D wishes for the New Year and let's get em in the spring.
Richard

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is because the Potomac is in maryland and their regulations apply.I have never heard of the c& r regs. in Va. Anyone know of any c& r regs.in Va.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nope, I could give ya tons of info about catch & release on the coast......... never heard of Rapp river regs. After reading this post I read what musta been the whole virginia fishery site. Not one mention of anything special about the Rapp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts