Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I am not out in the Bay trolling for the big girls - never did - I don't even have rods for that. Thirty inch fish get me excited. Used to catch a whole mess of those but it is much harder now. Much harder.

Matt and I went out after the wind died down yesterday. Freaking wind has been relentless. The wind and super high tides pretty much shut down the bite. Matt had a couple of new lures he was hot to use so we gave it a shot. We only caught three fish all night but Matt's two new lures caught the biggest. The red and white lure he was calling a Hydro Minnow and the other lure, a big fat articulated swimmer he called a Headhunter (I think). His fancy new lures caught the two biggest. Pretty sure it was even 30 inches or more. Yippee
Love that shallow water. You guys are still fishing shallow, right? Another good report and pictures. Thanks!
Pat
View attachment 281568
View attachment 281569

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yes Andy, fish were caught shallow. But once I determined that the bite was off, I spent a bunch of time trying to find fish to jig on. No luck. Thinking about going back to the upper Bay next to see if I can find a better class of fish to jig on. Shallow water has been pretty great though.

Pat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
350 Posts
I keep saying that we need an attack on several fronts. Restore the oyster reefs and grasses, stop the pillaging of the forage fish, clean up our waters/ curtail the over use of herbicides and pesticides and stop the damn trophy season. At least delay opening until June 1st.

Reactions: TDog3

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I keep saying that we need an attack on several fronts. Restore the oyster reefs and grasses, stop the pillaging of the forage fish, clean up our waters/ curtail the over use of herbicides and pesticides and stop the damn trophy season. At least delay opening until June 1st.
I think I first heard all of that in 1956. But yes that's what we need.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
350 Posts
I think I first heard all of that in 1956. But yes that's what we need.
Most of the time I feel like I'm talking to an earless dummy when I send emails to our government officials Andy. It's like talking to a brick wall. The problem is that we're WAY too quiet about these issues, sometimes you gotta rock the boat and now is one of those times.

Reactions: Ajv5148 and andypat

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
We can't even commit to fix one of those issues, no way are they all getting addressed. Clean the bay has to be more than Maryland's efforts. How long has that been going on and look where we are at. Every state that touches the bay needs to get involved. Not happening in our lifetime.

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts

Politicians LOVE to talk about restoring the bay, but are addicted to the tax money development brings.

Remind me, just HOW MANY more people live in the watershed now, versus say, 1970, when all the TALK began?

·
Registered
11,793 Posts
Since the "Trophy Season" Is that bad, now is the time to eliminate it all together and see if that makes things better. Hardly anyone is wasting their time and money fishing for what's left of them anyways. You won't know until we give it a try.. I think I already know. It can't hurt and it only takes 2-4 weeks off the season . You can't kill your way out of bad Striper fishing.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts