Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this afternoon (3:00 - 6:00) and trolled the Eastern shore from the LP buoy to just above the bridges. I put out 6 boat rods with 2 umbrellas, 2 tandems, and 2 spoonbrellas, mostly chartreuse and a mix of 6" and 9" shads. I varied depths to cover the water column from 10'-30'. There were several charters in the area about half way between the bridges and the buoy and the bait was all over the place. I trolled east to west mostly and ran from about 30' to almost 55', although most of the charters were staying on the deeper end of that range, some even almost at the edge of the eastern channel. I have never seen so much bait of the fishfinder (side note, I am loving the new Simrad) and on top of the water. The surface was remniscent of much later in the year when the rockfish begin to school a little more. The weather was hot and clear, the bait was plentiful, but the catching...almost non-existent. I finally got the skunk off the boat this year, however it was with a 12" short coming off of one of the Spoonbrellas. I did not see any of the other charters catching either.

I never complain about a day on the water, so all in all it was a good day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts