Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us guys up here around the Baltimore Area are talking about coming down there for some yak fishing. We are drooling over some of the reports of what you guys are doing down there - Cobia, Redfish, Drum. WOW!

Is it possible we could get a Tidalfish group together for some fishing down there one weekend? I am thinking some time mid-late October. I hear there is a yak fishing tournament coming up soon too but that might not be the best opportunity to really explore and learn about the area.

Maybe do a camping trip or something to the area and just come down to have some fun fishing and meeting our "lower Bay people."

mike

· Registered
69 Posts
Rethink the decision to fish our tourney on Oct 8. Best way to get your feet wet and the fishing is excellent down here. Goto <tkaa.org>.

Our Pres has a write up in the VA Pilot - Sports section today.

Thanks,

MIKE
757-404-3333

· Registered
1,015 Posts
Mike,
What's wrong with the fish up here in the B-more area? In the Patapsco we have the exotic Rhinoptera bonasus (cownose ray) that will cause some serious pullage as you witnessed the other day and come winter there is plenty of the prized patapsco permit (mud shad, boy do they stink [grin]). Seriously, there are some decent stripers up here in the B-more area. We may just need to work for them a little harder to find them in areas that are within access of the yak.

But catching cobia, redfish and drum does sound shweeet and we all know come Nov/Dec the CBBT is the Promised Land for Striper fishing. I'm down with making a road trip. I probably will try to make the tourney this year too. Sounds like a good time.

Rod

· Registered
580 Posts
Come down for the tournement. I'll tell you where to go minus a couple REALLY good spots that I'm saving for myself! Seriously, all you need to know to fish the tournement area is bridges, inlets,and jetties! If nothing else you will catch some nice striper. You will probably have to put striper repelant on your rigs if you want to get a trout or red anyway.

Tom

· Registered
243 Posts
Come September and October I hope to be fishing close to everyday. Just post when you guys are coming, there are no secrets with most of the spots, especially AFTER the tourney. [wink]

I for one would be glad to show some southern hospitality.

· Registered
1,015 Posts
I just checked out the details on the October TKAA tournament. Winner of the slam division gets a paid entry fee, airfare and lodging for the December tournament in Florida. Sounds like a nice prize!

I see the tournament is limited to Lynnhaven and Rudee Inlets.
Where exactly are the launch spots for Lynnhaven and Rudee?
Any campgrounds or hotels located near these launch spots. I may also consider renting a vacation rental home for a couple days. I figure I should able to find some good off-season rates.
Anyone know of any vacation rental companies that rent properties on these water bodies?

Capt Skip, I thought you were using the Parker as your kayak carrier[grin]. I have the Outdoorsman 300 Yakima rack for my truck. Nice rack and easy to install.

From what I understand you don't have to paddle too far to find fish when fishing in Lynnhaven or Rudee Inlet. VB guys correct me if I'm wrong.

· Premium Member
785 Posts
The boundary is going to be the Va Beach City limits, which opens up the CBBT and Ocean front. But the best chance for a slam is in the inlets. There are several campgrounds, and I am working on an Official Tourney Hotel. You can launch anywhere, ther are several spots. Ill be getting all the details and changes, up on the TKAA website this week.

The slam winner will get entry fee, but transportation is via ground as my (and Team Wildy's) guest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.