Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be heading over to the lower eastern shore/Cape Charles area for a long weekend of fishing. This will be my first time over there, I spend most of my time in the western bay waters. The weather looks to be perfect, so I'm thinking of just taking a 16 foot jon boat with me. I've seen a few old post on here but nothing recent. Anyone have any suggestions on where to fish in a small boat? We're staying in Cape Charles. How's the fishing in the Cape Charles harbor? How tricky are the waters out of Oyster? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will post our results! Thanks.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Probably your best bet is to stop at Chris's Bait and Tackle on 13 south and ask them what's going on. With a 16' boat you're very limited in that area. The bay is big water in that area. If it was me I'd trailer down to Kiptopeke and fish around the ships in the harbor. There is always something to catch there. Last weekend they were catching Spanish mackerel off the pier. But there should be flounder and croaker around the ships. There are a lot of stripers in the rivers bayside right now. Closed season but you can still C&R. As for Oyster, there isn't much gong on in the seaside bays right now. The flounder have moved out and the croakers were a no show. Another possibility would be to go to the Weis ramp near the bridge tunnel and fish the bay behind Smith and Fishermans Island. Some red drum are still being caught there. Whatever you do get the heads up at Chris's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I will stop by Chris's. How is cape charles harbor and kings creek? I don't mind going past the cape charles sandbar if the weather is what is forecasted. I've always wanted to try the backwaters of oyster also. But If there is no bite there, I'd hate to waste my time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts