Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only out for about 2 hours after 2pm. Put lines in to troll from #9 buoy and right beside #9 caught a 29" striper on chartreuse Bass Assassin 6 arm umbrella rig with 8oz and out 110ft. Had one other hookup on the Stormbrell rig, making no headway trying to reel in fish, felt fish fighting and then line went limp. Reeled in and the Storm shad missing. Must have been bad knot on my part, but it felt like a big fish which I would have had to let go since I had the earlier fish in cooler. Pic:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Way to go dave. :clapping2:Looks like that strombrella might be one of your new standbye's.. Are you gonna try to brave mother nature tom ( sat.) ? If you make it out and want some extra deck help let me know, I got a friend of mine that will be at point lookout marina doing some fall maintence on the boat. He's itchin for some fishing but cant find anyone to go. If the weather hold's and you get out and want a body gimme a call.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garry, The last forecast I saw was talking about 2-3 foot waves and wind gusting to 30kts. Not sure I am going out on Saturday. Have to what the winds are doing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Saw the same.....don't look good. Sunday might be a lil better looking at my weather board. Same story for sunday(if you need a deck hand). His dad got a sweet new 30 robalo with twin yami 350's, he's afraid of trying to get out and dock solo. I talked to an old friend/captain out of solomons earlier this week and he stated that the catch had been pretty good for the last couple weeks, however they cant seem to locate much bait. In his 20 year fishing opinion he stated " If some baitfish don't show up in the next couple of day's the big rock would go back to the ocean". If he's right we got to strike while the iron is hot. Best of luck to you whatever happens.:rockon:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Dave,
Nice fish congrats, I was wondering what the water temp is in the Potomac as well as in the inlet if you happened to get a reading. I want to wade around some Jettiis in the little river and on the potomac for some late night light tackle action. The bait tends to head at when the temp hits 54 and the local stripers head out of the skinny water with them.
Thanks for the reply in advance.
Mel
Catchone

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mel, The water temp was 57 degrees.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dave,
Nice fish! I found some birds on Friday off my creek and got 17. Only 3 were 18 - 20" (most 16") and all went back for another day, but it sure was fun!

Mel, My depth finder had a reading of 51 and the weather station has Lewisetta at 52. Good luck!

Randy

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Dave, I was out there from 1-5 p.m. to the northeast of #9. Got skunked. Heard a good bit of radio talk about large fish being caught but don't know where they were.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CoanRanger, I talked with Capt.B (Barry) and they were near Stewarts Dock and catching 40 inch fish, s0me in 35 feet of water to 60 feet of water.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Fished that area Saturday and Sunday for the MSSA tournament...checked fish in to 37.5 lbs from there.....got one sunday over 40 lbs but not big enough to beat third place and make it worth the trip around. Tough fishin all weekend. Mostly single big baits were the ticket...8 oz. parachutes run 50' to 80' behind the planer boards. Roof rod out 175', 250' were hot too with single big baits......Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts