Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long day of traveling to fish but enjoyed a nice day on the water. Three hour drive to boat, troll for 5 hours, then 3 hour drive home. Trolled from #9 buoy to about a mile down river from #7 buoy and back up near the SM buoy and back to #9. Marked some nice returns about a mile down river from #7 and did some circles but nothing would bite. Talked to Full Page (PRAC & TF Member) who was fishing the PRAC tourney and told him where I was marking some fish and he was able to catch one from that area. Finally as I was trolling from the SM buoy across toward #9 I caught a 27 inch striper on a deep chartreuse umbrella. Heard on radio of a some catches of bigger fish up river from #9. Pics of my fish and Full Page (Paul's boat).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice fish Dave. I was out around #5 looking for birds but no luck. I marked fish and bait so tried to jig one up with no luck, but you're right it was a nice day!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got fish will travel...Glad to hear you caught. We can relate on the driving. We left sat. nite after decent wx report sat afternoon. Got up at dawn to find our inlet almost dry. Had to wait for the tide a little while. Did our fishing and got home last nite about 9:00. Oh well maybe we can get a couple more days before we start chasing em south. Happy Turkey Day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were in the 24' Grady near you most of the am....caught several fish, north of #9 biggest 37", some on white umbrella deep, some on chartreuse 9" tandem shallow. Productive times were 2hours before and after slack water.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts