Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any hickory Shad have started showing up yet around Lapidium/Deer Creek? Have to think that it will be soon.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I fished the mouth of Deer Creek yesterday afternoon for about half an hour or so with no strikes. I spent several minutes on the bridge just looking for fish with no sign of any fish in the creek mouth or in the creek above the bridge. The creek and river were both low and the creek was was clear enough to see the bottom over most of the area except the very deepest parts. The river was just dingy and in very good shape for this time of year. I saw no evidence of anyone having fished on the lower side of the bridge and only one person had been fishing on the point upstream from the bridge. I did not have a thermometer so I don't know what the water temp was but there were no fish. They should start showing up sometime next week.

·
Registered
94 Posts
was out on sunday fished 4 hours for shad 1 smallmouth. no shad. will be gone back out this sunday.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Was gonna go today but too windy for me....looking at Mon or Tues. Good luck to those venturing out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Was there any white "bird ****" on the rocks??? Any blue heron????? If yes they are there, if no----not yet....

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Do the shad typically run in North East Creek? I'm in a temporary office overlooking the creek 'til late summer, been looking for activity with polarized glasses but seen no herring or other activity yet. I'm right at the bridge entering town over the creek.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do the shad typically run in North East Creek? I'm in a temporary office overlooking the creek 'til late summer, been looking for activity with polarized glasses but seen no herring or other activity yet. I'm right at the bridge entering town over the creek.
Yes--but only hickories-- don't think whites are in there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Was fishing near Lapidum today. We did catch a few hickories. We were out for several hours and caught about a dozen shad. Nothing steady, but at least it was some action. Some people were fishing from the rocks at Lapidum and were hooking up also. This week's temps should help in getting things rolling.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Nice bite yesterday afternoon on hickories til they opened up a few more gates at the dam. Chartreuse Tony Acetta #13 was the ticket. Herring pretty thick too.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
There have been plenty of Herring in the creek. A guy came in the shop on Saturday, bought 4 shad darts. I asked him if he was catching any Hickories. He said he was catching them in the Northeast Creek. I asked him if he was sure they were not Herring. He said he was sure, but I think he was wrong.

Normally I get reports of Hickories in the Susquehanna before the Northeast Creek.

Hackeyfly, are you working on the bridge? When will it be done?

Ele

·
Registered
561 Posts
There have been plenty of Herring in the creek. A guy came in the shop on Saturday, bought 4 shad darts. I asked him if he was catching any Hickories. He said he was catching them in the Northeast Creek. I asked him if he was sure they were not Herring. He said he was sure, but I think he was wrong.

Normally I get reports of Hickories in the Susquehanna before the Northeast Creek.

Hackeyfly, are you working on the bridge? When will it be done?

Ele
Ele, I was looking at em there today. Looked like herring to me. Its a shame we cant do any snatchin at the herring snatchers park. I hear its open season down at the furnace lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts