Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a Lowerance LMS-334c or 339c sonar/gps. I want a thru-hull transducer and internal GPS antenna to aviod more holes in the hull. It will be used in less the 200 feet of water, fresh, salt, murky and clear since I trailer.

Anyone using these units or similar? Opinions? Others to check out???

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have the 335 DFC and I have been very happy with it. The one time I had a problem it was six months out of warranty and they still repaired it at no charge.

A friend of mine just bought the 334 w/internal antenna and he loves it.

For the type of fishing you described I don't think you need the DF but if you're unsure it's only another $50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 339I and love it the unit. I looked high and low for the best sonar for the money and could not find one better. The gps/chart plotter is easy to work and the nautic path chip is a must for saltwater. All in all a great piece of gear.

Chief Sonarman Submarines

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Well....... I have Sitex FF and Garmin GPS on my old boat and the new to me boat has a Lowrance installed on it.

All I can say is that the menus on the Lowrance are not very user friendly and the GPS portion of the unit is certainly not up to par with my Garmin unit. Needless to say my old stuff is going on the new boat the Lowrance stuff is being sold with my old boat or going on E-bay.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
[Q]Seahunter originally wrote:
Well....... I have Sitex FF and Garmin GPS on my old boat and the new to me boat has a Lowrance installed on it.

All I can say is that the menus on the Lowrance are not very user friendly and the GPS portion of the unit is certainly not up to par with my Garmin unit. Needless to say my old stuff is going on the new boat the Lowrance stuff is being sold with my old boat or going on E-bay.
Why not sell it to ERIKRS301 I hear he is in the market for one?
[/Q]

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I played with a 332c for a while and I can see where the menus are cumbersome compared to the Garmin...but being a computer geek I took to them pretty quickly. Plus if they're confusing it'll keep my wife and passengers from touching the thing. :D

Ended up ordering a 334c with a thru-hull yesterday. With the limited space in my rig it would be hard to fit 2 seperate units but I'll keep my Garmin handheld with me as a backup.

·
Registered
934 Posts
[Q]Seahunter originally wrote:

[/Q]
Have not heard the greatest about Lowrance products and I have recently moved on to Garmin because of personal experience with Lowrance combo unit.

You asked.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i have the 332 on my bass boat and i love it. every thing on it works great. it really shows bottom structure real good. gps on it works great and is pretty easy to us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts