Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with ya 100%........however, you should know that you are getting a Wal Mart over your way. Yep! Sure thing.

I just hope for you guys that it isn't a SUPERDUPERWALMART like the one in Tapp.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Feel free to call or bmail me Perdue if you need something before it opens. I run down to the neck once a week or so.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]creekster originally wrote:
Lowes in Tapp??? What's next --Hooters? Oh well, rather in Tapp. than Kilmarnock. IMHO[grin]
[/Q]Don't like Hooters?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lowes in Tap. is supposed to open the 13th of January, according to the news paper article!

Walmart is coming to Kilmarnock on the North End.[grin]

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wal Mart in Tappahannock is like the 'new' traffic lite in Callao -USELESS. We don't need another Walmart, and the local businesses will suffer. Bleah.
Mark

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, looks like I will run in there this weekend. Billie, thanks for the offer, but it is usually a last minute item that I need (have been gradually renovating the house). If you need something on Sunday around here your project is over.

I hate to say it but I look forward to the Lowes. I despise Walmart with a passion. Did anybody notice how they removed that huge hill by the hospital and used it as fill dirt?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
[Q]mchar originally wrote:
Wal Mart in Tappahannock is ... -USELESS.
[/Q]Is that why it's always PACKED with people from Northumberland/Lancaster/Richmond Co.?[smile]

·
Registered
702 Posts
That Walmart in tapp. is like being in a 7-11 compared to the one I service in mech. That store is a SOB to keep stocked. Pays the bills tho.[grin][grin]

pepsi man

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you don't like Wal Mart go shop elsewhere. If you don't like Lowes then go shop some place else. It's a free country you know.

OH, THERE AIN"T NO OTHER PLACES TO SHOP!!!

Well fancy that, the local little guy store has gone out of business cause it couldn't compete. Well then you'll just have to go to Richmond and shop at Home Depot or Target. If you really want a good buy, try B.J.'s. Then of course there are Family Dollar and Dollar General which are all over the place. Maybe you could hit a True Value or an ACE is the place. See you do really have choices. Enjoy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well the stoplight isn't really useless, there's red light cameras all over it and it's probably a money maker for the Co. Mark

·
Registered
0 Posts
If ya need it after 4pm on Saturday or on Sunday, chances are you'll find it at Walmart or Lowes at a reaonable price. Can't wait for Lowe's to open!

·
Registered
767 Posts
You Neck guys sure are getting snobby with all this new shopping! What's next? More jobs down there so you don't have to ever leave???

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I don't understand it. Everyone on here and everywhere else is always talking about how much they hate Walmart. But if you go there to the hunting and fishing department, it's always absolutely PACKED with people.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Now if Kilmarnock could only get a Safeway or Winn-Dixie, then we'd have something. Uh, oh, nevermind. [grin]

I'd like a Bass-pro shop please. Hampton is too far.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Safeway was where Tri-star is now. A&P was on school street way back when. Kilmarnock has always had big out of town stores come and go. I do miss the Sears too, but I guess it was a relic.

The first store everyone says will go with the advent of Wal-Mart will be Eubanks. Don't know, but would be a shame to see the general store format disappear for good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts