Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our LMS-339cDF iGPS lost the names in the list of waypoints. Instead, those names reverted to just the list of numbers from when those waypoints were originally entered and named. Lowrance said they never heard of that happening, couldn't even guess how it happened, or what, if anything, that we may have done to cause it to happen. Said once the names are gone, they are gone, because unit has a flash memory, rather than a hard drive. It was just as confusing to them however, as it was to me, that the waypoint icons are still on the chart, and the original waypoint numbers are now listed in the menu, yet the names went missing while those numbers re-appeared.
Only way to recover the info is to find each saved location on the chart, using the numbers from the list, and re-enter the name of each waypoint.
Meanwhile, at least we can still navigate to an icon.
Anyone ever come across this? Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can't help you on why, but do you ever save your waypoints to an SD card? I transfer mine an SD card, then save them on my computer. I have both a Garmin and a Lowrance, so I have them saved in the Garmin format and the Lowrance format.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never really gave it much thought. Probably because there are other records of what's in the unit. Not even sure a transfer could be done with this unit. But it gives me something to think about, because that'd be less tedious than what I'm currently facing. Thanks.
Still, it's a bit troubling of how this glitch happened, and that the mfr had no clue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts