Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - hoping someone can provide some advice. Looking to purchase a Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp. Will be fishing the bay, the Potomac, and some lakes in PA (Raystown, Marburg, and others). Not sure if I should get the model that comes with Navionics+ or get a different map card, like Lake Insight, Nautic Insight Pro, Navionics Hot Maps Premium, or Fishing Hot Spots Pro. If anyone has experience with these various map options, I'm hoping you can direct me to the best one for the money. Thank you all in advance for your help !!! Joe

·
Registered
219 Posts
So the Elite - 7 Chirp comes with a Navionics + card that card is preloaded with all the Nautical Charts U.S. and Canada that's all Navionics information they have recorded, so it has all the lakes in rivers on it. You can plug the card into the computer and go to Navionics Website and Update the card as well as download the SonarCharts of different bodies of water to the card. The SonarCharts is everybody's sonar information they have recorded and sent to Nav so it allows for a more detailed map and a up to date chart. So the Lake Insight is just Lowrance information that Low users have recorded so it depends on the participation. So the Nav + allows you to go anywhere and have detail. Ecoregion White Blue Font Line the chart on the left is Navionics SonarCharts of the Ches Bay, on the right is the Nautical Charts. With the SonarCharts you will receive 1ft contours all the way out to 80ft in fresh and salt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts