Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my unitdoh . In plotter mode it keeps loosing position , and it wont find satelites . We've even done the soft and hard resets with no success. I'm trying to figure out if the unit is bad or the antenna is bad ? My unit is a 2005 or 2006 . A few years back i had a transducer problem and a helpful Tfer let me hook it up to his boat and we found out the transducer was bad . Are there any other Tfers out there who have had this same problem or would be able to allow me to hook my unit to there boat and further diagnose it ? B mail me if you can help or have any advice so i can go forward .
I called Lowrance about this already , the best they can do is offer me a newer unit at a discount . ( $1,200.00 ) :help:

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Very likely the antenna has gone bad.

You can try bending / flexing ( gently ) the antenna wire and see if that helps. Never hurts to remove antenna from back of unit and spray with an electronic cleaner spray. Some times it is just a corroded wire.

You can also go old school and very gently tap the antenna ( hockey puck ) 2-3 times. They are factory sealed in most cases - no way to check them.

If you can post a photo of the antenna connection and it matches mine ( I hate assuming all the same ) - I'm near BWI , welcome to test your unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
And who could solve my problem? I am not good in all this stuff at all and looking for someone who could help me on a regular basis. Of course, it is not going to be for free. These questions will be individually discussed. I am from the Texas zip code area. If you are interested in cooperation, please contact me directly. I am sure I will find someone shortly with your help here.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Try BOE electronics on Kent Island. They had advice on an older GPS that came with my boat and even lent me the card with the software to reprogram it. They're really helpful on the phone. Same unit had antenna problems that they also helped with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts