Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a new GPS /SONAR for the skiff. Which should I get the

Lowrance LMS480 or the Eagle FishElite 480. I really don't need a "HighEnd" unit however I want one that works and won't let me down. I'm favoring the Lowrance Just thought I would ask for some opinions. Plan on purchasing next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
They look like the same unit to me. I believe the Eagle units are made by Lowrance. I'm partial to Garmin products as well.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I trashed my Garmin and bought a Lowrance. To many problems with the Garmin I had but they are all electronics and all can fail. Lowrance has a better screen and is more
"user frendly". Just my opinion. Eagle is a "Lowrance" that does not have the network capabilites. Makes the price a little less.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Eagle is a subdivision of Lowrance. They are one and the same. Go with Garmin or Hummingbird. Garmins are expensive compared to the hummingbirds but I've had success with both.
Rick

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
if u don't need all the frills eagle is fine. yes it is basically the same unit. I have one on my small boat and it does fine. never had a problem. I think people are pretty loyal to whatever brand they have success with. it def takes time to get used to fine tuning them and trusting what u r seeing. if u leave your sonar, any sonar, on factory settings, you r missing out on what it can do.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
all electronics can have issues, but

I have been using a Lowrance 26CHD, so far, no problems, great sounder and nice big screen.:yes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 16ft. skiff that I use for fishing the shallows.The boat has a Lowrance X47 bottom machine- a no frills,straight to the point ,simple little bottom machine.I can tell you from the time I've owned it, it has served me very well.I have never had a single problem with it.As a matter of fact, I am thinking of installing a larger Lowrance unit on my Topaz.A friend of mine has a 24ft. Albemarle- Reel Rebel.The boat is outfitted a Lowrance GPS & bottom machine- its quality stuff.I hope this has helped you. RED EYE- 24 Topaz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts