Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to report, small rockfish and big perch (same report as last Sunday), 45-70' of water.

Starting to wonder, am I wasting my time LTJ this time of year? Should I stick around the BB instead of heading down to Bloody Point? Birds haven't been kind to me this year, haven't seen many when we've been out.

Going back out tomorrow (Saturday) with my wife, sure would like to LTJ a decent fish.

thanks,
Shout

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Jiggin',I'd say father South.Water temps. in the Upper or Upper Mid-Bay have been droppin' pretty fast in the last 2 weeks.I hope to be out tomorrow,maybe in that area.[Mike]

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I don't think you're wasting your time. Right now most of the LTJ'ers are chasing the migratory fish farther south. That said, I was about 20 miles south of you today and had about 60 fish with sea lice, but nothing over 25 inches. There should be resident fish in the bay through the winter. After the fall run, the Bay Bridge and the WWDs were my go-to spots through the last two winters, except for trips to the CBBT. It was mostly small fish with an occasional big one once in a while. No doubt your best chance for a big fish are trolling right now, if you can stand it. I talked to some guys at the ramp tonight who caught two fish trolling and thought they had a good day......

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Do not go to the dark side,come to the light and head south.:D

Like Shawn said from what I have been seeing your best bet is south.Thats where I'm heading in the AM unless I stumbel on something by chance.

Thanks for the report and good luck sat.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Do not go to the dark side,come to the light and head south.:D

Like Shawn said from what I have been seeing your best bet is south.Thats where I'm heading in the AM unless I stumbel on something by chance.

Thanks for the report and good luck sat.
Hey Roger,I will be out of Sandy Point tomorrow,May see ya' South!:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input - I tried trolling once.... then the brain fog cleared and I'm OK now :)

I'll hang around the BB, don't think the wife will tolerate a long ride south of Sandy Point

Shout

1 - 8 of 8 Posts