Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat was already in Hampton Roads with a friend, so getting out of town on Friday AM was a snap. Took #2 son (Alex, back from college) and a boy from church (J.D). J.D. has had a rough life, moving around the country as part of a Military family, going back and forth between Mon and Dad after a divorce, and then loosing his Dad from a long-suffering wound in Iraq. He was ready for a lift, and my task was to deliver it.

Dropped the boat in the water Friday afternoon at Little Creek NAB. Fished in a cold drizzle under the lights of the CBBT for a few hours and came back with lots of stinko.

Reloaded the next AM before sunrise and had a great day. The WX cooperated with light winds and temps in the mid 50s. Couldn't ask for much more. Jigged up a ton of schoolies at various locations along the pilings and edges of the shoals and channels. Both boys were kept busy. #2 son has a habit of going into the V-Berth and taking a nap when it gets slow...but no naps on this day. Finished up under the lights with a lot more fish...sometimes with simultaneous hookups. J.D polished off the day with the largest fish of the trip. A nice fat 39" striper that was cruising just below the surface in the light-line.

Tried a repeat on Sunday, but the WX was not cooperating. Caught a bunch of schoolies drifting over the tube No. of the First Island. Winds kept increasing and the drift was getting so swift that we could only get in one/two casts and we were out of the zone. Finally we called it quits.

All in all it was a good trip. It was the first time I'd been able to get Alex to the CBBT. He really enjoyed it and wants to do it again, with his brother next winter. For J.D., it was a great trip, with lots of smiles. For me, it was heart-warming to be able to give a boy like J.D. a lift.

Dave

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
WTG Dave,

Sounds like a good time and a good deed.
hope things improve for him. :clapping2::D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts