Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have fished the past eight days in a row either in the mornings, evenings or both with VERY mixed results. Today was the best so far. It started out rough almost too rough to fish and I was tied back up by 7:45am. With not much to do I put my trolling rod holders on the boat and just kind of did a little of this and that.

Around one the wind really quit so I called up my buddy Andrew Turner and we went out to test the deep. It's a good thing we did. Although it was still a little bumpy we saw a few gannets as we cleared the sticks at Flag Harbor. As we got closer we saw a few more gannets and then a bunch of bait. We started putting in all our stuff and it took a while (about fifteen minutes) but we got our first one, and then another, and then three more, and then two more and so on.

When it was all said and done we had the rods out for a little under two hours and caught ten fish. At one point in time we had three one at one time and at another point in time we had two on at one time. All under scattered gannets and bait on the western side of the channel.

Here's a few pics. If your trolling spread is ready I highly suggest you go out and give it a try they are here! This light tackle trolling stuff is a ball.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Nice job Francis....heading out this morning....may throw a few trolling rods on board........

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Francis Jamie and I saw the same thing yesterday at the mouth of the Little Choptank Diving Gannets and bait balls and marks a plenty. I think I might give it a try soon.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Great report Francis! Can't get to my shake down run till Sunday. The excitement builds--------------------:thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brother,
I assume LTT is light tackle trolling??? How deep do you think your stuff was running and were the bites up high or down low??? Was it a Chartruce kind of day down there cause the water's kind of dingy up here?

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WTG Francis looks like you guys had a nice day to be on the water. Thanks for the report and nice pic’s. :bigfish:

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Francis, Nice going there. I guess the fish are here. BTW I know you're using planner boards, how well does your system work without the planners?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts