Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Last time I went to CCNPP I got the big old skunk in the boat. I thought I would try trolling this time to shake that thing off. Not only that, because it was cold and possibly windy we decided to go on Daryl's boat.

Dennis Fleming decided to join us and with a combination of Dary's boat rods and my light tackle board rods I thought we were going to be impossible to beat. We went to where I had absolutely been catching them before, (straight out from the power plant) and put the spread out and waited for the action to start.

But, it never did. We trolled for around three house all the time slightly trying to change things and never caught a fish. Never had a rubber band break, never had a clip pop, never even saw anything that looked promising.

That was it guys. Where there were fish there now are none! What's going on?!?!?!

I will say the water temp dropped from like 50 to 46 or so. But cmon no fish? What's going on?

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
I "educated" all the CP marker fish on Tuesday.Look closely at your meter-those small lines on the archs are the fish giving you the middle FINger :D .Thanks for heads up-now where did they go ? Skip

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds like you need to practice more :)
Just when you think you have all worked out, bam. Still need to come down sometime and look that console over.

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,758 Posts
<A href="mailto:capttomhughesatt.net?subject=Questions on the New 20" Catamaran">Downsizing or Looking for aQuality 20' Catamaran, Single Engine, They're Now on the Market
Wood Free and Supply a Smooth, Dry Ride (no more pounding)
Capt. Tom Hughes - Light Tackle & Fly Fishing the Susquehanna Flats<A href="http://www.capttomhughes.com/Seminars/2007/2007_Scheduled_Seminars.htm">4/8/07-2PM Bass Pro Shop

I will say the water temp dropped from like 50 to 46 or so. But cmon no fish? What's going on?
Francis: Only an extreme cold front will drop water temperatures that fast and that much...the fish are still around, but belly to the bottom.

Capt. Tom Hughes
Full Time Light Tackle & Fly Fishing Guide
<A href="http://www.capttomhughes.com/Trip_Information/Susquehanna_Flats_Guided_Trip_Package.htm">Booking Trips on the Susquehanna Flats

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I agree with Tom. I don't think we should be concentrating on the upper 20' of water right now:nono: ------------

Tom- are you affiliated with Port Erie now?:))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts