Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out today with John Lannon (from P&S Board) to experience the joy that is Lynnhaven--a first for both of us.

Put in a few hours before high tide and headed to the grass beds. Medhaden were going nuts. Couple of croaker for us and John hit a small trout. I had the lunker with what I'm going to call a 1 3/4 lb croaker. John can vouch, but the fish made a break for it and got away while I was trying to get the forward hatch open. (Note to self: quit procrastinating and rig fwd hatch like you were thinking) The current was stronger than I had thought--why? I don't know. I've shorefished there for 15 years and know the currents a *****. A stake pole would've been a godsend.

John wanted to head out a ways past the bridge, so we played Frogger with the Boat Parade. Drift fished the pilings out there for a while John hit a croaker and I hit a couple pigfish--I think.

Both of us fished with fishbites and I threw in some shrimp for good measure. I think John used a few artificials as well, but no joy as far as I know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I fished there Friday night 7-22, and the current was coming in under the bridge like a river. We fished the bank on the Duck-Inn sde and caught small flounder. Saw a 15" Trout that some bank fisherman caught and witnessed a trio of young girls peeing under the bridge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.